Planning is underway for the Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics IV (BTA IV) capital levy that will go before voters in Feb. 2016. It will be on the ballot with the 2016 Operations Levy.
The six-year Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics IV (BTA IV) capital levy replaces the BTA III capital levy approved by Seattle voters in 2010. BTA and will provide funds for upgrades and renovations of our aging school facilities on a planned and predictable timeline to help ensure a safe, secure teaching and learning environment.
October 28 Special School Board Session for Public Comments
On Oct. 28, 2015, the Seattle School Board will hold a special session to receive public comments on the BTA IV Capital Levy and the Operations Levy.
John Stanford Center Auditorium
2445 3rd Ave. S., Seattle
Those persons wishing to comment will be able to sign up in the auditorium prior to the beginning of the session, and the comment period will be limited to two minutes.
- Levies 2016 Presentation submitted to the School Board, October 2015
- BTA IV Proposed Projects Summary Submitted to the School Board, October 2015
- Levies 2016 Community Meetings Comments, September 2015 FINAL
- BTA IV proposed projects summary, as of September 2015
- Levies 2016 community meetings presentation
- Levies 2016 one page summary on levy renewals
- SPS 2020 enrollment projections
- BTA IV public and district staff nominations and comments
- Life cycle planning BTA IV
- BTA III projects promised and delivered
September Community Meetings
Five community meetings were held at the end of Sept. to share an update on the upcoming BTA IV Capital Levy and Operations Levy. Materials shared are below.
BTA III (2010-2015)
Seattle Public Schools receives capital levy funds for BTA III from 2011 through 2016. Projects may continue after the levy expires due to scheduling, but no further funds are collected.
Following is a list of schools and facilities that have received improvements or upgrades in BTA III. To find out more, click on the school name.
- Salmon Bay
- Addams (Jane Addams)
- Aki Kurose
- Blaine (Catherine Blaine)
- Chief Sealth
- Coe (Franz Coe)
- Columbia Building
- Day (BF Day)
- Dearborn Park
- Eckstein Middle School
- Graham Hill
- Hay (John Hay)
- Marshall (John Marshall)
- Marshall (Thurgood Marshall)
- Memorial Stadium
- Olympic View
- Orca @ Whitworth
- Queen Anne
- Rainier Beach
- Rainier View
- Salmon Bay
- Sand Point
- Schmitz Park
- Thornton Creek @ Decatur
- Van Asselt Building–Interim Site
- View Ridge
- West Seattle High
- West Woodland Elementary
Previous BTA Levies
Seattle voters have generously approved Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics capital levies three times since 1998.
BTA II (2004-2012)
Approved by Seattle voters in 2004, BTA II projects began in 2005.
BTA I (1998-2004)
Approved by Seattle voters in 1998, BTA I projects began in 1998.